Bathalang Emre is one of the main characters from the Philippine fantasy series Encantadia produced by GMA Network.
2005 - 2006
Emre, Arde and Ether were originally angels who decided to remain neutral during the war between the good and bad angels. The victors were not impressed with their neutrality, and they were expelled from Heaven. They settled in an unnamed land which they claimed as their own; and they named it Encantadia.
Evades described Emre as a playful bathala. He sometimes disguises himself to test Encantados/Encantadas.
Emre, Arde and Ether saw how savage and dependent humans are, so Emre, alongside his fellow Bathalas, created the realm of Encantadia. He was worshipped by many Encantados, which made Arde and Ether jealous. The two planned to kill Emre. However, Emre saw through their plan. Emre was furious, he cursed the two changing their appearances. He turned Arde into a dragon and Ether into a serpent.
- Size manipulation: Emre can change his physical height to a giant.
- Appearance transformation: Emre has the power to change his appearance existent or non existent, whoever that person is even if that person is a fellow bathala. To test Lira, he disguised himself as a woodsman who has travelled for a long time. He also disguised as Bathalumang Ether to test Lira's courage if she would cower in fear upon facing the Bathaluman.
- Teleportation / Ivictus: He is able to teleport himself or an object from one place to another even if that place is the World of Mortals.
- Energy Manipulation: Emre can create and fire powerful bolts or beam of pure energy to his enemies, for example he used this when he fought against Ether.
- Creation: Emre has the power to create anything. He can also create something that grants power to the denizens of Encantadia an example would be, he created the Inang Brilyante in order to preserve the balance in Encantadia.
- Zoren Legaspi, the actor who currently portrays Emre in encantado form (now in bathala form with face shown), also portrayed the role of the Mulawin Bagwis, the father of Alwina in Encantadia (2005-2006).
- Raymond Bagatsing, is not the first actor that played the role of Emre in Encantadia (2005-2006 Series) Book 1. It was Miguel Faustmann (credited as Miguel Faustman) who first portrayed Emre in Book 1.
- Statues of Emre are situated in places like Lireo and Cassiopeia's island, the statues act as a medium for the diwatas to pray and talk to Emre for guidance.