Bathalumang Ether is a primary antagonist in the Philippine fantasy series Encantadia produced by GMA Network.
Ether is one of the three triumvirate gods of Encantadia and the only female among them. She was once cursed by Emre to be a huge serpent because of the forbidden love affair of her and Arde. She is the bathaluman of Etheria and the Etherians.
- In the requel series, she is one of the five triumvirate deities and one of the two females among them. She was cursed by Emre because she and Arde teamed up to kill Emre because of their jealousy.
Ether is jealous over Emre being more acknowledged and worshiped by Encantadians which made her team up with Arde. Having failed, Ether is transformed into the form of a snake. Losing the sole kingdom that has acknowledged her Ether sought chaos in Encantadia particularly the four races that caused Etheria's destruction. She is more active than Arde in making a move that will definitely cause chaos despite that Arde is the Deity of Chaos. She is inarguably oppressive especially to Emre's followers. Unbeknownst to her, she actually teaches those greedy Encantados who seek great power a lesson every time she helps them. Like Pirena, who died of the curse Ether bestowed upon her in exchange for power; but was later revived by Ether ultimately after losing her battle with Emre.
Being a bathala, Ether is extremely powerful and supreme over any denizen of Encantadia but not superior over Emre. The powers she had showcased so far are listed hereunder:
- Curse or Blessing Bestowal - she has the power to curse or give protection to someone, change their appearance and remove their powers or abilities. She gave Hagorn protection from the gems' powers and LilaSari's curse, she cursed Cassiopea to be unable to leave the forest and removed her eye's abilities while she changed Lira's appearance to a hideous being so that she would be unrecognizable.
- Hypnotism - She also has the power of hypnotism.
- Reverting - Although Emre cursed Ether to be in the form of a snake, Ether can revert back to a deity form but still retaining the skin, eyes and sound of a snake.
- Creation and Recreation - Ether, being the Bathala of Creation can of course create and recreate anything. She recreated the once fallen kingdom of Etheria in an uninhabited land.
Ether along with Emre, Arde, Keros, and Haliya saw the situation of the beings that were living in the world beneath the realm they came from. The five created the four kinds of denizens and called the world "Encantadia". (The following events happened after the two other deities were not in Encantadia anymore.) However, only Emre was credited and worshiped. Bitter over Emre being worshiped by Encantadians, she conspired with her fellow bathala Arde to kill Emre however, Emre was able to see through their plan. Emre cursed Ether and turned her into a snake so that she can never forget her betrayal for the rest of her life. There were some Encantados that sided with Ether and worshiped her so they built a kingdom and called it Etheria.
After the fall of Etheria, Ether decided to help the Hathors in spreading terror in encantadia. She gave Hagorn resistance against the elemental gems. In addition, She also granted pirena the capability of burning touch provided that she would use it against her sisters and not against his father, hagorn. She cursed Cassiopea several times but her curses never lasted for a long period of time. She also fought Cassiopea in order to stop her from interfering with the events in encantadia, only to be defeated eventually in one of their battles.
When peace is finally reigning in Encantadia, Ether left temporarily in order to build an army that she could use in spreading chaos across the land. First, she abducted LiraSari and bit her with venom. Second, she also abducted the remaining Hadezars. After which, she decided to take Queen of Etheria, Avria's remains and reanimate it back to life. Lastly, she once again restored the Kingdom of Etheria.
- As shown in the 2005 series, Ether's weakness is the Brilyantes which is why she wants to obtain them.
- Ether is the first Bathala in the series to be defeated by a diwata, Cassiopea.
- Although Ether has the same status with Emre as a Bathala, Ether is shown to be as a weaker bathala, being defeated by Emre during one of their confrontations.
- This is the first time they casted a Youtuber in Encantadia. Ether was portrayed by Janice Hung.